Office of Sponsored Programs
Please note: form accessibility may vary from browser to browser and among different operating systems. Follow the steps below to save the forms and submit them to Research & Economic Development. For form accessibility issues or troubleshooting, please contact Research & Economic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the link for the form. If the form opens in your browser, choose the "Save" icon in the top right portion of your screen and save it as a file on your computer (Note: if you begin typing in the form from your browser, the information will not be saved. You must save the file to your computer). If the form downloads instead of opening in the browser, double-click the name and open it. Save the file from there to a location on your computer.
- Open the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat (Note: varying versions of Reader may yield different results. If you have issues, please contact your ITS support person to ensure that you have the most up-to-date Reader).
- Fill in the form.
- After completing the form, choose File>Save As from the Adobe Acrobat Reader menu and save the file using a new name in a location you will be able to access later (Desktop, My Documents, etc.).
- Close the form.
- Create a new mail message and attach the recently saved file to the message. Submit the form to email@example.com.
- Note: if none of these steps work on your computer, please contact your ITS support person or print the file, hand-write your responses, and return it to the appropriate office or building as designated.
Tennessee Technological University, a public institution of higher education created by the laws of the State of Tennessee, is located at 1 William L. Jones Drive, Cookeville, TN 38505 (931-372-3101). Tennessee Tech collects the information you provide to it through its website’s portals, request for information forms, etc. for the purpose fulfilling its mission as required by Tennessee Code Annotated Section 49-8-101(d). Tennessee Tech may share the information you provide with contractors and state or federal authorities if required by law or if necessary to fulfill its stated mission.
Tennessee Tech will store your personal data consistent with its policy on document retention, which can be accessed through the Policy Central portal on this website. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and have standing under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, you have the right (i) to request from Tennessee Tech access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing; (ii) to object to processing; (iii) to data portability and (iv) to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EEA.
By providing personal data to Tennessee Tech, you consent to the processing of your data for the purposes described above.
- Agreement for Industry-Sponsored Students' Project (PDF)
- CESU Master Agreement between the National Park Service and Tennessee Tech (Clicking on this link will require you to log into a SharePoint site using your Tennessee Tech username and password.)
- Establishing Cost Rates (PDF)
- Lab Facilities Use Agreement (contact Research & Economic Development and Refer to Tennessee Tech Policy 121 and 122
- License Agreement Template (Microsoft Word file)
- Master Agreement of Commercial and Cooperative Interactions between Tennessee Tech and the Tennessee Valley Authority (Clicking on this link will require you to log into a SharePoint site using your Tech username and password.)
- Memorandum of Understanding Template (contact Research & Economic Development)
- Nondisclosure Agreement
- Research and Sponsored Projects Agreement (Adapted from TBR Agreement)
- Services Agreement Template (Microsoft Word file)
- Southern Appalachian Mountains CESU Master Agreement between the U.S. Depart. of the Interior, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, U.S. Dept. of Defense, and the universities hosted by the University of Tennessee (Clicking on this link will require you to log into a SharePoint site using your Tech username and password.)
- Student Intellectual Property and Nondisclosure Agreement (Capstone) (PDF)
- Tripartite Cooperative Agreement between the U.S. Geological Survey, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and Tennessee
Tech (Clicking on this link will require you to log into a SharePoint site using your
Tech username and password.)
- Note: The agreements related to intellectual property can also be found on that committee's web page by following the Intellectual Property link below.
Please see the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee page for these forms.
Please see the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects Committee page for these forms.
Please see the Intellectual Property Advisory Committee page for these forms
Forms for Proposal Preparation must be returned to Research & Economic Development staff in Derryberry Hall, Room 155.
- Essential Information
- Internal Cost Share Form (PLEASE NOTE THIS FORM HAS NOW BEEN INCORPORATED IN THE PROPOSAL ENDORSEMENT FORM)
- Notice of Intent to Submit Proposal Form If you have any trouble completing the form, please contact Mark Lynam.
- Proposed Budget Spreadsheet (Excel file)
Please note: you will need to use your Tennessee Tech login and password information to access this file.
- Proposal Endorsement Form: Research & Economic Development Proposal Endorsement Form (PEF) routing and initiation
process will now be handled through a DocuSign portal. This will replace the current process of printing hard copies of the PEF and proposal
and manually routing them through campus for signatures. Please attach supporting
proposal documents via the attachment clip at the bottom of the PEF. Please also
note that only certain sections of the PEF are available for editing by certain users.
For example, the fiscal clerks may edit Page 1 and the top of Page 2. Only the PI
can mark the compliance sections on Pages 2 and 3. The appropriate required signature
sections are noted at the bottom. NEW: Senior Personnel are not included in the PEF routing in DocuSign, but they and the
Co-PIs must fill out compliance forms. Senior Personnel complete their compliance
through the online portal linked below; the Co-PIs will fill out their compliance
within the DocuSign document. Co-PIs are required to sign the PEF on Page 4, but Senior Personnel are not. PIs are required to complete their compliance through DocuSign, and they must also
sign on Page 4. Please contact Mark Lynam if you have any trouble with the procedure.
a. Instructions for completing the Proposal Endorsement Form (PEF)
b. Senior Personnel Research Compliance Form
c. PEF DocuSign Frequently Asked Questions
d. Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form (PIs and Co-PIs: A conflict of interest occurs when an individual, an individual's spouse, children, etc. have a financial interest or relationship that could directly, indirectly, or significantly affect the design, the conduct, reporting, or funding of the research. If you have a conflict of interest, please complete and sign the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form. Then, return it to firstname.lastname@example.org after your dean has also completed and signed it.)
- Subrecipient Commitment Form
- Subrecipient vs. Contractor Checklist
Project Administration & Closeout
Forms for Project Administration and Closeout must be returned to Research & Economic Development staff in Derryberry Hall, Room 155.
- PLEASE USE THE DocuSign Version of the Award Activation Form
- Award Checkoff List
- Proposal/Project Abstract Form (NOTE: PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND SUBMIT THIS FORM AS AN EMAIL TO MARK LYNAM, RATHER THAN SUBMITTING IT AS A PRINTED HARD COPY.)
- DocuSign Request for Budget or Project Revision and No-Cost Extension Version
- Project Closeout Form (Note: The Office of Grant Accounting is now handling, in coordination with the PI, the project closeout form process. Please use the Office of Grant Accounting form in the Business-Office-Training folder on the university shared drive. Choose the Forms folder and then the Grants folder within that. The form is titled "Closeout Form_RE.pdf.")
- Closeout Procedure Flowchart
- Royalty Certification (Used for DOE, ONR, ORNL, etc.)
- Procedure for Transferring Final Reports to Archives
Internal In-Kind Support
- In-Kind Match Certification
- Internal In-Kind Matching Summary Form
- Internal In-Kind Salary Match Summary Form
External In-Kind Support
For any questions about the purchasing process or to access Purchasing Office forms please use the link below.
Note: For complete information about subrecipient monitoring, visit our Subrecipient Monitoring on Federal Awards page.
- Subrecipient vs. Contractor Checklist
- Subaward Agreement (FDP forms)
- Subrecipient Monitoring Form
- Subrecipient Title VI Survey
Any Department considering hiring an unpaid International Researcher is asked to contact the Office of International Programs at (931) 372-3634.