Golden Eagle Student Employment
Student Workers are employees who actively enrolled for the current semester and whose primary purpose for being at Tech is to be enrolled in an academic program of Tennessee Tech.
Important Student Information
- You MUST complete a Federal I-9 Employment Form on or prior to your first day of employment. Section 1 of the I-9 form is to be submitted here or you may report to the Human Resources office, Derryberry Hall, room 146 and complete the online form.
- Complete a Federal W-4 Tax Withholding Form.
- Complete a Direct Deposit Form (students are only eligible to submit one account).
For information regarding full and part-time jobs please visit the Center for Career Development's page For Students.
Visit the Financial Aid page for information regarding Federal Work Study.
Important Information for Hiring Department
- The hiring department must submit a Student Employee Form to the Human Resources office no later than one week prior to the student working.
- Students may work no more than 29 hours per week during each academic term.
- The hiring department must also submit a CHANGE/TERMINATION Form for Student Employees if any changes are made to the student's employment, such as change in hourly rate, time approver(s), etc.
Click Student Employment Flowchart for information on hiring student workers.