Doris Bush-Essler Scholarship
Amount: Currently $500 per year
Preferred deadline for submission of all required paperwork: Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
This scholarship is designated for an active member of the Honors Program who plans to work with academically gifted students upon graduation.
- Must be a prospective or current student in good standing in accordance with current institutional policies.
- Must be academically gifted and enrolled in the Honors Program.
- Must aspire to work with academically gifted student upon graduation.
- The recipient may retain the scholarship for up to eight (8) semesters as long as all requirements continue to be met.
- The recipient will be chosen by a committee appointed by the Director of the Honors Program, and will include both of the Honors directors, and at least two Honors faculty members.
- Emphasis for selection should be on the person and not on financial need.
To apply, submit the following by deadline above:
- A short essay (approximately 250 words) describing your career goals, course of study (current and future), and other experience in pursuit of a career in gifted education, and why you have chosen this field.
- A copy of your academic transcript.
- Your current resume or curriculum vitae, including a list of all the Honors courses you have completed, and a list of all your contributions and activities within the structure of the Honors Program and ASG.
Current students: submit your complete application via ScholarWeb and your supplemental materials in person to the Honors Program Office, TJ Farr 204B. (Prospective students: submit the application (preferably by registered mail) to the Honors Program, Tennessee Tech Box 5124, Cookeville, TN 38505.)