The Eagle Card is the official identification card for the university. Eagle Cards are valid for the duration of your education at Tennessee Tech.
About the Eagle Card Office
The Eagle Card Office is committed to providing a quality and effective service to the University which results in enhancing the academic, as well as administrative, experience at Tennessee Tech. In addition to serving as the official ID card of the University, the card provides students, faculty, and staff with appropriate identification, access, and debit services.
Location: Roaden University Center, Room 119
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The card serves in the following capacities:
- Access to Library Resources (Library)
- Photo Identification
- Campus Debit Card (Eagle Cash)
- Residence Hall Access (Residential Life)
- Laundry Facility Access
- Encoded with Selected Meal Plans (Meal Plan Balances)
- Campus Dining Services
- Access to Fitness Center (Fitness Center)
- Access to Computer Labs
- Access to Athletic Events (Tennessee Tech Athletics)
- Add Cash to Card
Money may be deposited on the Eagle Card, in the form of cash, check, or credit card to be used in various places on campus.
For cash, check or credit card deposits, you can also visit our office for a deposit form. The Eagle Card Office is located in the RUC 119 and open between 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- No refunds of Eagle Card money will be distributed unless a student officially withdraws or graduates from the university.
- Upon graduation or withdrawal from Tennessee Tech, students are required to "cash out" the balance of their Eagle Card. Students will have until the close of the next working day after graduation to spend the remaining balance of their account. Any outstanding charges (traffic fines, etc.) will be adjusted from the balance on the Eagle Card. Checks will be processed and mailed one (1) week after graduation or official withdrawal.
- No refunds will be made under $10.
- If the Eagle Card account remains inactive for over one (1) year, there will be no refund granted.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where do I pick up my Eagle Card?
You can pick up your Eagle Card in the Roaden University Center Rm 119, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
How do I submit my photo?
Log in to TechExpress where there will be a link to the EagleCard portal. From here you will have the option of submitting your photo online or manage and add funds to your available balance.
- How to Submit Your Photo
How to Submit Your Photo
Take a photo using a cell phone, webcam, or another photo device. The photo must meet the following criteria:
- The photo must be at least 600 pixels by 600 pixels. This is less than one Megapixel and any webcam, cell phone, or other digital photo devices should be able to meet this requirement.
- Length of the face must be between ½ to ¾ the length of the image (crop the photo from just above the head approximately to the collarbone). The face must be centered, pointed directly towards the camera, and not tilted.
- Photo must be taken in front of a plain, neutral (white, cream, off-white), background without any textures, patterns, or markings.
- Photo must be full color. Image must not be altered in any way or use any filters.
- Prescription eyeglasses with clear lenses should only be worn in the picture if you wear them on a daily basis and must not obscure the eyes. Hat or head covering may only be worn if worn daily for religious purposes. No other accessories that obscure any portion of the face or head should be worn.
- Face should have a neutral expression or natural smile with eyes open. Full face must be visible. Face must be free of shadows. Eyes must be clearly visible.
- Photo must be taken within 6 months of submission.
- Lost or Stolen
If your Eagle Card is lost or stolen, please contact our office (931-372-6232). We will immediately cancel your lost/stolen card to prevent misuse.
Replacement cards are available in the Eagle Card Office, RUC 119, at a cost of $10 each.
- Add Cash to Card