About Tennessee Tech
Facts and Figures
All enrollment numbers from Fall 2022 census.
Total Student Body: 9,902
- Undergraduate students: 8,537
- Graduate students: 1,365
- In-State students: 93.5%
- Out-of-State students: 6.5%
- Non-US citizen students: 2.9%
|Undergraduate Students||Graduate Students|
- Average Incoming ACT score: 24
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 18:1
- Faculty (Fall 2021): 565 (headcount); 444 full-time (345 tenured/tenure-track, 99 non-tenure track); 121 adjunct (40 FTE)
- Top 10 Undergraduate Programs by Enrollment: Mechanical Engineering; Computer Science; Exercise Science, Physical Education & Wellness; Biology; Nursing; Business Management; Civil & Environmental Engineering; Elementary Education; Psychology; Agriculture
- Top 5 Graduate Programs by Enrollment: Curriculum & Instruction (M.A.), Business Administration (M.B.A.), Engineering (Ph.D.), Nursing (M.S.N.), Counseling and Psychology (M.A.)
- Fall-to-fall retention rate for first-time freshmen, 2021 to 2022: 78.5%
- Six-year graduation rate for first-time freshmen, Fall 2016 cohort: 60.2%
- Angelo & Jennette Volpe Library: The Volpe Library has more than 600,000 books (physical and digital) and access to nearly 90,000 journals through more than 100 databases to fuel academic research. The collection also includes more than 7,500 DVDs and CDs, more than 40,000 microfiche and microfilm items, and a substantial University Archive for historical research about Tech and the region. It is a Federal Depository for publications of the U.S. government.
15 NCAA Division I teams, including men’s baseball, basketball, football, cross country,
tennis and golf; and women’s basketball, beach volleyball, cross country, softball,
soccer, track, volleyball and golf. The football team is in the Football Championship
Subdivision and all teams belong to the Ohio Valley Conference.
Hooper Eblen Center is a 9,852-seat arena that hosts volleyball, basketball and large
campus events; two indoor tennis courts; a fitness center with a pool, handball courts,
weight and meeting rooms. The Athletic Performance Center includes a 10,000-square
foot turf practice field and a 10,000-square foot strength center. There are several
practice fields, more than a dozen outdoor tennis courts, and an eight-lane track
around Overall Field in Tucker Stadium, home to the football team.
Mascot: Awesome Eagle
The campus celebrates the beloved Awesome Eagle's birthday each year on February 14 with music, giveaways, cupcakes, and lots of fun! Awesome Eagle is a two-time, consecutive UCA National Championship title winner (2014-2015).